- Turn the page on your paper-intensive processes. Save time with smart, reliable scanning that’s easy to integrate and adds efficiency to any office. Count on clear, legible results from a compact scanner designed to help save energy.
Turn piles of paper into business productivity
- Quickly store and share your scanned files with ease—send directly to cloud storage or a SharePoint® site.1
- Breeze through processes with fast scan speeds and a 50-page automatic feeder. Turn files into editable text.
- Save time with automatic two-sided scanning. Reliably handle a variety of paper types, thicknesses, and sizes.
- Convert papers into searchable, editable files. Use apps to turn business cards into a contact database.2
Put smart, convenient scanning to work for you
- Save time and skip steps with HP Easy Scan5. Create quick shortcuts to help add efficiency to your business.
- Accurately capture the right results with auto-scan mode, crop, and color detection. Create PDFs with a touch.
- Seamlessly add high-volume scanning to existing processes through TWAIN, ISIS, WIA and Mac drivers.
Count on the right result, right when you want it
- Avoid missing pages in scanned files—HP EveryPage Ultrasonic feeds one page at a time and auto-aligns.
- Produce sharp, legible results with the ability to scan at 600-dpi resolution.
- Rely on a scanner that just won’t quit—scan up to 1000 pages per day.
- Preserve workspace with a compact device that fits in around the office—close at hand or out of the way.
Conserve resources without sacrificing performance
- Start fast and move on. Instant-on Technology lets you begin scanning quickly from low-power mode.3
- Help save energy costs with HP Auto-Off Technology—schedule your device to turn off when you don’t need it.4
- Conserve power without sacrificing performance. This device is ENERGY STAR® qualified.
- Choose an RoHS-compliant device that’s free of mercury, lead, and other hazardous materials.
- Scanner type
- Scan resolution, optical
- Up to 600 dpi
- Duty cycle (daily)
- Recommended daily duty cycle: 1000 pages
- Bit depth
- 48-bit (internal), 24-bit (external)
- Levels of grayscale
- Multifeed detection
- Yes, ultrasonic
- Task speed
- A4, color scan in 3 seconds
- Media types
- Paper (plain, inkjet), envelopes, labels, checks, cards (business, plastic ID)
- Media weights, supported ADF
- 49 to 120 g/m²
- Scan file format
- PDF Searchable, PDF Image Only, PDF/A, JPEG, TIF single page, TIF multi page, DOCX, RTF, TXT, BMP
- Scan input modes
- Front-panel button Scan, WIA, TWAIN, scan application
- Scanner advanced features
- Duplex scanning; ultrasonic double feed detection, auto color detection, page size detection, crop, deskew, rotation, blank page removal, scan to Sharepoint™ and scan to cloud features among many other scan-to destinations.
- Control panel
- 3 buttons (Scan, Power, Cancel)
- Automatic document feeder capacity
- Standard, 50 sheets
- Automatic document feeder speed
- Up to 20 ppm/40 ipm (300 dpi color, gray, b&w) 2
- Scanning options (ADF)
- Single-pass duplex
- Scan size (ADF), maximum
- 215.9 x 864 mm
- Scan size (ADF), minimum
- 51 x 74 mm
Compatible operating systems
- Compatible operating systems
- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Mac OS X v10.6.8, v10.7, v10.8
- Mac compatible
- Connectivity, standard
- Hi-Speed USB
- Connectivity, optional
- Silex SX-DS-3000U1 Fast Ethernet USB Device Server
- Silex SX-3000GB Gigabit Ethernet USB Device Server
- Silex SX-DS-3000WAN 802.11n Wireless and Gigabit Ethernet USB Device Server
- Silex SX-DS-4000U2 High Performance Gigabit Ethernet USB Device Server
- Twain version
- Version 2.1
Power and operating requirements
- Input voltage: 100 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
- Power consumption
- 11.6 watts (Active), 5.9 watts (Ready), 1.7 watts (Sleep), 0.4 watts (Off) 1
(Power requirements are based on the country/region where the scanner is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.)
- Energy efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Operating temperature range
- 10 to 35°C
- Operating humidity range
- 15 to 80%
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 285 x 161 x 164 mm
- 2.3 kg
- One-year limited hardware warranty; 24×7 support. Warranty may vary by country as required by law. Go to http://www.hp.com/support to learn about HP world-class service and support options in your region.
- What’s in the box
- HP Scanjet Pro 3000 s2 Sheet-feed Scanner
- power adapter, power cord
- USB cable
- Install Guide
- ADF Cleaning Cloth
- Software included
- HP Easy Scan*
- Readiris Pro 14
- Windows Only: Nuance PaperPort 14 and Cardiris Pro 5. Mac Only: ICA driver and HP Utility. HP TWAIN
- Scanner Tools Utility and EMC ISIS driver. (*For HP Easy Scan
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or higher required for installation. Download the latest version at microsoft.com/net)
- Cable included
- Yes, 1 USB