Ultimate Image Quality
The SureColor SC-S70670 takes image quality to the next level with its 10-colour UltraChrome GSX ink set with simultaneous support for printing white and metallic ink on dark or transparent media.
Widest Colour Gamut
- The Epson UltraChrome GSX ink set, featuring light magenta, light cyan, light black and orange as well as CMYK, gives the widest colour gamut of Epson’s SureColor printer range. The use of light colour inks achieves ultra-smooth tonal gradations and transitions, while light black ink provides enhanced neutral greyscales. The 10-colour model includes the option for white and metallic inks to increase versatility and scope for production, from simple signage to high-end displays and decor.
- The eco-solvent ink set is formulated to provide up to three years of light-fastness^, tripling the previous level of durability. It is also odourless, nickel-free and has significantly reduced amounts of harmful volatile organic compounds (VOC), making it safe for use in both offices and outdoor environments.
Micro Piezo Thin Film Piezo® Print Head
- Epson’s proven and robust Micro Piezo TFP™ print head achieves extreme precision in ink droplet placement while doubling the standard nozzle count from 180 to 360 per colour. Click here to know more about the Epson’s Micro Piezo™ print head.
Half Tone Module (HTM)
- To ensure flawless reproduction of skin tones and subtle colour gradations, Epson has created a Half Tone Module (HTM) for its advanced Look-Up Table (LUT) technology. HTM is also available when printing directly through our Adobe Illustrator plug-in.
Advanced Look-Up Table (LUT) Technology
- Intelligent conversion of RGB to CMYK colour information is accomplished through Epson’s advanced LUT technology, which leverages the wide colour gamut of the inks and determines the ideal blend for the type of image being printed. The result is greater colour accuracy and consistency every time.
Optimised for Productivity
- The high performance of SC-S70670 perfectly complements its superb colour output. Its dual print heads deliver fast print speeds of up to 26.8m²/h in high-speed mode and 13.2m²/h in production mode, without a dedicated Raster Image Processor (RIP). An integrated dryer ensures prints are quickly readied for handling while an additional drying system is available for even faster turnaround time.
*Speed depends on each RIP. The above is supported by Epson’s plug-in software for Adobe Illustrator.
The SC-S70670 is built with a sturdy, ergonomic design with five smart features to boost reliability and efficiency in busy work environments.
Anti-Nozzle Clogging Sensor
- The built-in sensors constantly monitor the printed image to detect any flaws resulting from nozzle clogging. The print head is then automatically adjusted to allow production to continue while minimising print wastage.
Easy Roll Media Loading
- With the jack at the rear, loading a new roll is an easy task. Media tensioning can be controlled easily from front or back of the printer for speedier setup to maximise productivity. ‘Auto Tension Control’ and three platen gap settings ensure accurate and efficient media feeding for reliable and continuous printing.
Adobe Illustrator® Plug-in
- The Epson’s plug-in software for Adobe Illustrator (version CS5 or later and is free to download from Epson’s website) allows direct printing to the SC-S50670 without the need for a RIP. The plug-in provides an easy-to-use interface for easy print settings and one-touch printing.
Back-up Function for Custom Media Settings
- Customised common or special jobs can be stored on the SC-S70670’s Remote Panel 2 on a user’s workstation and share with other connected SureColor printers.
Paper Feed Adjustment
- Reduce print wastage with a shortcut button on the control panel, which allows users to correct the paper feed while printing is in progress.
Designed for Ease-of-Use
The hardware and software design of SureColor of SureColor SC-S50670 makes it a breeze to operate and maintain.
- All major operations and settings can be accessed conveniently on the right side of the printer, saving operators’ time from moving around the printer.
- The shortcut buttons allow easy access to frequently used functions, such as Maintenance, Heating and Drying.
Large 2.5-inch Colour LCD Screen
- With the large and clear 2.5-inch colour LCD screen, users can check printer settings at a glance.
Alert Lamp & Buzzer
- In the event of printer error, users are quickly alerted.
Status Notification System
- The SC-S70670 can send status alerts such as ‘End of Print Job’, ‘Error’ or ‘Ink Running Out’ to users via e-mail notification which is receivable through networked PCs or smartphones.
- The Epson’s UltraChrome GS2 Ink does not require special ventilation when in use indoors and features a safe pigment formulation that is 100% free of nickel and fluorine compounds, while maintaining a high degree of outdoor durability.
- For more information on Epson’s environmental programme, visit http://global.epson.com/SR/environment
^Epson UltraChrome GSX ink meet the chemical requirements of the Nordic Ecolabel (Nordic Swan) for printing companies. Measured using Epson testing standards, using selected media from 3M and Avery Dennison Corporation. Please check details at the local Epson office.