Fastest Print Speed
- The SC-S50670 is designed with high productivity needs in mind. It utilises dual print heads, two sets of CMYK and white inks simultaneously to deliver best-in-class print speeds of 51.8m²/h in Ultra high-speed mode and 17.62/h in production mode without a dedicated Raster Image Processor (RIP). An integrated dryer ensures prints are quickly readied for handling while an additional drying system is available for even faster turnaround time.
- *Speed depends on each RIP. The above is supported by Epson’s plug-in software for Adobe Illustrator.
- Beyond fast print speeds, the SC-S50670 integrates five smart features with an ergonomic design to boost reliability and efficiency in busy work environments.
Anti-Nozzle Clogging Sensor
- The built-in sensors constantly monitor the printed image to detect any flaws resulting from nozzle clogging. The print head is then automatically adjusted to allow production to continue while minimising print wastage.
Easy Roll Media Loading
- With the jack at the rear, loading a new roll is an easy task. Media tensioning can be controlled easily from front or back of the printer for speedier setup to maximise productivity. ‘Auto Tension Control’ and three platen gap settings ensure accurate and efficient media feeding for reliable and continuous printing.
Adobe Illustrator® Plug-in
- The Epson’s plug-in software for Adobe Illustrator (version CS5 or later and is ree to download from Epson’s website) allows direct printing to the SC-S50670 without the need for a RIP. The plug-in provides an easy-to-use interface for easy print settings and one-touch printing.
Back-up Function for Custom Media Settings
- Customised common or special jobs can be stored on the SC-S50670’s Remote Panel 2 on a user’s workstation and share with other connected SureColor printers.
Paper Feed Adjustment
- Reduce print wastage with a shortcut button on the control panel, which allows users to correct the paper feed while printing is in progress.
Renowned Epson Colour Printing Quality
The SC-S50670 combines its advanced printing technologies with the 5-colour UltraChrome GS2 ink set to produce images that are durable and of high quality.
5-colour Epson UltraChrome GS2 Ink Set
- Building on the strength of Epson UltraChrome GS ink, the new ink set is formulated to provide up to three years of light-fastness^, tripling the previous level of durability. The ink set includes the option for white to enable high-quality printing of even transparent media.
- The eco-friendly exo-solvent ink set is odourless, nickel-free and has significantly reduced harmful volatile organic compounds (VOC), making it safe for use in both offices and outdoor environments.
Micro Piezo Thin Film Piezo® Print Head
- Epson’s proven and robust Micro Piezo TFP™ print head achieves extreme precision in ink droplet placement while doubling the standard nozzle count from 180 to 360 per colour. Click here to know more about the Epson’s Micro Piezo™ print head.
Half Tone Module (HTM)
- To ensure flawless reproduction of skin tones and subtle colour gradations, Epson has created a Half Tone Module (HTM) for its advanced Look-Up Table (LUT) technology. HTM is also available when printing directly through our Adobe Illustrator plug-in.
Advanced Look-Up Table (LUT) Technology
- Intelligent conversion of RGB to CMYK colour information is accomplished through Epson’s advanced LUT technology, which leverages the wide colour gamut of the inks and determine the ideal blend for the type of image being printed. The result is greater colour accuracy and consistency every time.
Designed for Ease-of-Use
The hardware and software design of SureColor SC-S50670 makes it a breeze to operate and maintain.
- All major operations and settings can be accessed conveniently on the right side of the printer, saving operators’ time from moving around the printer.
- The shortcut buttons allow easy access to frequently used functions, such as Maintenance, Heating and Drying.
Large 2.5-inch Colour LCD Screen
- With the large and clear 2.5-inch colour LCD screen, users can check printer settings in a glance.
Alert Lamp & Buzzer
- In the event of printer error, users are quickly alerted.
Status Notification System
- The SC-S50670 can send status alerts such as ‘End of Print Job’, ‘Error’ or ‘Ink Running Out’ to users via e-mail notification which is receivable through networked PCs or smartphones.
- The Epson’s UltraChrome GS2 Ink does not require special ventilation when in use indoors and features a safe pigment formulation that is 100% free of nickel and fluorine compounds, while maintaining a high degree of outdoor durability.
- For more information on Epson’s environmental programme, visit http://global.epson.com/SR/environment
^Measured using Epson testing standards, using selected media from 3M and Avery Dennison Corporation. Please check details at the local Epson office.