Advanced Printhead Technology
- This new line-up of printers delivers extraordinary performance for the professional printing industry, along with unparalleled colour-matching capabilities, all these enabled by Epson’s PrecisionCore technology. Possibly the most advanced inkjet printhead technology ever developed, this revolutionary printhead is capable of producing outstanding performance and long-lasting quality with ultra-precise control of dot size, shape and placements.
- To further ensure high quality results every time, the print nozzles are also capable of producing a wide variety of droplet sizes, which enables both fine detail and quick filling of larger areas—all at a single pass.
Photographic Accuracy and Clarity
- The SC-P9000 leverages the eight-colour UltraChrome HD ink. Both professional ink sets deliver outstanding colours with improved black density and higher D-Max value. The new black ink is 1.5 times denser than previous ink formulation, providing significant improvements to overall contrast ratio and optical clarity, and Microcrystal EncapsulationTM technology delivers superior gloss uniformity. Both inks are compatible with the widest range of certified proofing media in the industry, delivering superior colour consistency, proof after proof.
- The proven Epson UltraChrome pigment inks offer smooth gradation and sharp definition, by utilising a three-level black ink technology that simultaneously employs black, light black and light light black ink to produce brilliant black density and grey balance. At the media surface, the UltraChrome HD matte and photo black inks achieve a much higher pigment density, ensuring the pigments do not penetrate too deeply when printing on third-party media.
- The Ultrachrome HDX ink set on the SC-P9000 achieves wider colour gamut with the newly-added violet ink, providing the ultimate proofing solution. The extreme colour gamut makes it possible to hit spot and client-specific colours accurately, capable of achieving an unparalleled 99% max certified PANTONE coverage*.
- Users also have the option to use light light black instead of violet ink for high-end photographic and fine art applications. This ink configuration helps achieve superior print quality for both colour and monochrome reproductions.
- *PANTONE® is the property of Pantone LLC. 99% coverage of PANTONE FORMULA GUIDE solid coated palette based on Epson Proofing Paper White Semi-matte printed with Epson printer driver at 2880x1440dpi. PANTONE coverage may vary when printed with a third-party RIP.
Epson AccuPhoto HDR Screening
- Printers can see the difference the advanced ten-colour screening algorithm makes. Print results show superior colour and clarity, producing extremely fine blends and subtle photographic transitions. The most critical eye will see accurate highlight-to-shadow details with no visible photographic graininess. Regardless of the viewing light source, prints reveal a consistent colour balance. Combined with the precise dot placement accuracy of the PrecisionCore TFP printhead, overall photographic print quality shows a dramatic improvement.
Efficient Workflow Solutions
Epson Color Calibration Utility
- To enable you to work more efficiently across multiple networked printers, the SC-P9000 comes with the Epson Color Calibration Utility. This measures colour density and concentration and allows you to manage your printer network from a central point which makes calibrating your printers easier and faster.
- Once the base printer is set as the standard, the derivatives can calibrate their colours based on the base printer by transferring the colour chart. What’s more, the calibrated data can be used for all media types and print modes and is stored directly on the printer, eliminating the hassle of exporting and importing every time you share data.
- The overall benefit is a significant reduction in the amount of manual process required to run your printers.
Epson Print Layout Software
- This plug-in for Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Nikon ViewNX-i includes a set of template layouts and supports ICC soft proofing, colour production, preview, custom media registration and panorama layouts. It comes with a set of colour modes as well, including advanced black and white, for creating different finishes and moods.
- It offers flexibility to print a variety of display requirements. Images can be printed individually or as a compound, borderless or with a choice of border sizes and styles. There is even an advanced gallery wrap function suitable for images to be mounted onto frames. It operates via intuitive and consistent controls including slider bars and colour wheels for precise and easy adjustments.
- The new machines come with Hi-Speed USB 2.0 and Ethernet connectivity, with support for professional Epson photographic drivers for Macintosh® and Windows®, as well as being supported by most leading third-party software RIPs and workflows.
Advanced Media Handling and Loading
- To make the printing process quicker and simpler, the Epson SC-P9000 printer offers:
Epson ePlaten™ Technology
- Highly accurate automatic media loading and handling and fast, spindle-free roll media support for less chance of media damage
Professional Media Handling
- The P-series is compatible with virtually any media type; in roll or cut sheet, up to 24 or 44 inches wide, as well as an accurate loading of cut-sheet media of up to 1.5 mm thick posterboard. All media is front-loaded via a unique straight-through media path. A printer and driver based media identification and synchronisation system provides virtually error-free media use. Available on the SC-P9000, there is an optional Automatic Take-up Reel System allowing large print runs to go through unattended.
Epson ePlaten Media Loading Technology
- For less chance of media damage and to simplify the overall roll and cut-sheet media loading process, the printers offer accurate and automatic media loading movement, skew adjustment and tracking.
Spindle-Free Roll Media Loading
- Designed to work with Epson’s ePlaten technology, the user-adjustable roll media adapters accept either 2 or 3-inch media cores. A simple tension lever ensures quick and secure media core loading. Additional media adapter pairs are available as accessories for efficient roll media switching.
Roll Media Length Tracking and Identification System
- This system is useful for tracking partially used media rolls. It enables real-time, automatic measurement of remaining roll media length as well as auto barcode tagging of remaining roll media for faster reloading.
Intelligent High-Capacity Ink System
- Pressurised ink cartridge technology ensures that ink is reliably delivered at all print speeds, while dramatically reducing the physical size of the ink cartridges. The cartridges themselves are available in sizes up to 700ml.
- These can be replaced on-the-fly to make sure your print run never needs to be interrupted and for even greater flexibility, the cartridges can be mixed and matched across all three sizes.